Sails
New Mainsail outhull setup.
Original boom end is a total disaster. Clue end of the boom has just hook on the end to lead outhull from clue to hook, then to block turn line back to horn cleat on the end of the boom ?!?!?! How I suppose to adjust it under way???
![]() |
| Original end on the boom lines arrangement. |
![]() |
Boom end outhull hook
|
![]() |
| Topping lift line. |
Very strange setup. No way to put any reasonable tension on the outhull a specially for windy conditions, near impossible to adjust tension under way.
With new sail I want to be able to do mainsail foot adjustments underway. I built 4:1 purchase system for outhull line.
It is temporary solution and I am looking completely rearrange my boom to accommodate 4 reefs (instead of one I have now), outhull and topping lift. add V-cleats and horn cleats to hold reefs locked.
Future plan.
- Internal lines
- mount block inside the boom at the end for outhull and put second purchase block inside the boom, exit in port side.
- Maybe make internal block doubled and take topping lift line into boom as well, exit in starboard side.
- Starboard side will keep reef 1, and reef 3, winch (#10), horn cleat.
- Port side side will keep reef 2, and reef 4, winch (#10), horn cleat.
Maybe each line will have v-cleat before winch to be able to free winch if needed.
Navpod
Final installation. I took guard rail home, drilled and tapped it to screw.
| My navpod screen |
<<<More pictures will make next time and update post.>>>>
Sailing
| Houston shipping channel |
| New mainsail at work |
| Just fish at dock |




Comments
Post a Comment